611 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 607, Los Angeles, CA 90017
What is the difference between commercial, designer and custom jewelry?
Before a guy asks the much awaited question: will you marry me, he has to decide what kind of an engagement ring to buy. This is not an easy decision and the first step before he can make it is to be familiar with the different kinds of rings that are available.
The purpose of this article is to clarify the differences between commercial, designer and custom designer engagement rings
Most department stores are full with cases of commercial jewelry. Shopping Mall jewelry stores typically carry commercial jewelry as well. Let’s look at the characteristics of commercial engagement rings
1. Commercial rings are made by machines.
2. Commercial rings are massively produced.
3. Commercial rings are not adhere to any aesthetic requirements
4. Commercial rings are made with lower quality materials and does not last long.
5. Most commercial rings are made in third world countries by companies that exploit adults and children.
What is Designer Jewelry?
When you visit a free-standing jewelry store or a jewelry boutique you will most likely find designer jewelry.
1. Designer engagement rings refer to artistically conceived collections.
2. An important part of the perceived value of designer rings is the aesthetic quality.
3. Designer rings are done by a person or company employing artisans with artistic ability and jewelry making skills.
4. The jewelry may or may not be handcrafted.
5. Sometimes, a jewelry designer or a jewelry design company will use a team of master model makers to create prototypes of a design that is mass-produced.
6. In some instances, designer jewelry collection is launched by a celebrity.
Designer jewelry can be very expensive. However, many collections are moderately priced. The price and the number of pieces produced depends on the type of material used and the cost of the stones.
Custom Designer Jewelry
1. Custom designer jewelry is only made to order
2. Design specifications are often dictated by the customer and the pieces are handcrafted by highly skilled artisans.
3. Clients get a one of a kind piece that matches their needs and dreams.
4. Custom designed jewelry is made from high quality materials so it lasts longer.
5. The designer is an artist and can work within the client budget limits and provide him with a few design options to choose from.
6. Clients participate in a uniquely personal experience which involves very close collaboration with the jewelry designer.
The simplest way to make a custom designed jewelry is to buy a diamond and a ready made setting separately. The designer then modify the mounting according to the customers taste and needs. Sometimes a customer will combine a diamond from an already made ring with a mounting of another. He can buy them separately and have the jeweler make him a ring that will combine the two. Another option when going custom is to have an idea a theme, or an inspiration that the customer shares with the jewelry designer. The designer creates a few variations until the customer feels that he got the perfect ring. I have established that as opposed to commercial engagement ring, a special order custom designer ring costs more has a higher quality, and unordinary look. The decision will depends on the client’s priorities If the customer is willing or able to pay a premium price for a special ring, a longer creative process an aesthetic quality, and attention to details, he should go with a custom designed ring. There is no doubt that Bez Ambar is an extremely talented and versatile jewelry designer who can create custom jewelry of any style within any budget.
Why Buy Bez Ambar Designed Custom Jewelry?
There are very few super stars in the jewelry design world. Bez Ambar is surely one of them. His creative talents are only matched by the workmanship of his superb craftsmen.– Maurice Badler, Badler Fine Jewelry, NYC
When it comes to quality workmanship and artistry, no jewelry designer does it better than Bez Ambar. Bez is the artistic genius who produces some of the most beautiful jewelry items in the world.Diamond Source of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
Bez Ambar is one of the most prominent diamond jewelry designers to emerge in the last thirty years. He is known for his innovation in creating new designs with unique diamond cuts, such as the Princess Cut. Bez Ambar perfected the use of the “invisible setting”, which takes advantage of the clean edges of a diamond and gives it fiery color, and the use of the micro-pave setting.Simon Jewelers, High Point, North Carolina
Unlike anything I have ever seen! Unique, genius, and captivating designs.Jeannette Requilez, Rainbow City, Alabama
.…We are ecstatic to welcome the work of the amazingly talented and innovative artist Bez Ambar. A classically trained artist in his own right with knowledge of sculpture and painting, Bez Ambar brings this sensibility to his work. Bez strived to break the mold of traditional jewelry shaping and setting, moving towards the stream lined and proving that what seemed impossible is miraculous.Provident Jewelers, Fort Myers, Florida
The cut, the gem, the design…every piece is absolutely incredible!!!Michele White