How To Choose Your Ring Size Accurately
With the continuing increase in consumers purchasing jewelry through world wide online shopping, there is a need to ensure that potentially expensive purchases like rings are done properly right from the start. When you order your ring online you do not want to have to return it for resizing because you did not know how to measure your finger size.
When you browse the internet you will find out that there are many ring size charts available.
When You Don’t Know Your Ring Size
If You have no Idea what is your ring size there are a few methods to measure it. All are fine. Choose the way that best fit your circumstances.
The Paper or String Method
– Cut a thin strip of paper or a thin inflexible string.
– Wrap the paper around your finger. Make sure the paper is below the joint of your finger
and close to your knuckle. Mark the spot where the paper meets and measure the
distance with your ruler
– Use international ring size conversion chart, to determine your ring size
The Old Ring Method
2. -Take a ring that own that properly fits on the finger you are going to wear your new ring
Look online for a ring size chart with circles that measures the diameter of the ring.
– Place the ring over the circles below, matching the inside edge of the ring to the circle
Nearest in size.
– If the ring falls between two sizes, order half a size larger .
When You Know Your Ring Size
If you know your ring size, but you are purchasing your new ring from a different country, You can go to
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ring_size.htm all you need to do is insert your ring size in one category and the rest will change to match.
Another very reliable source to go to if you already know your ring size is: http://www.ringsizes.co
They claim that the information presented on their international ring size conversion chart, has been compiled from many sources in various countries to help consumers determine their local ring size compared to those from other countries.countries included in this source are: US & Canada, United Kingdom & Australia, France & Russia, Germany, Japan and Switzerland.
Additional tips for measuring ring size accurately
1. Make sure you decide on which hand and finger you are going to wear the new ring.
Our hands are not equal so do not assume that the same finger on both hands will have
the same size ring.
2 Make sure to measure your finger size when your hands are warm not cold. Our hands
expand when they are warm and shrink a little when we are cold.
3 Many people have knuckles that are bigger than the finger area they wear the ring.
Make sure the measurement you choose easily fits over your knuckle.